Areca ARC-8050T3-24RE – 144.0 TB Enterprise
We Are The UK’s No.1 Areca Reseller!
Have Any Questions? We’re Here To Help.
Areca ARC-8050T3-24RE – 144.0 TB Enterprise
Really Fast, Expandable 24-Bay Thunderbolt 3 4u Rackmount Hardware RAID Array with Display Port (24 x 6.0 TB Enterprise Level Drives Fitted)
• Incredibly Fast 24-Bay Rackmount Thunderbolt 3 To 12Gb/s SAS RAID Storage.
• 24 x Enterprise Level Hard Drives Mechanisms Fitted.
• Hardware RAID Levels: 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk, JBOD.
• Expandable Via SFF-8644 (4-lanes) SAS Expansion Port.
• Rendundant (Hot-Swappable) PSU And Fans.
• High Performance 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface.
• Support Simultaneous 4K In/Output Workflow.
• Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports For Daisy-Chaining.
• EFI Supported For macOS Multi-Boot.
• Configuration By The Thunderbolt/LAN Port/LCD.
• Advanced Configuration For Video Optimised Performance Settings.
• Delivers Enterprise-Class Data Protection And Security.
• Controller-Level Hardware Encryption.
• Intelligent Power On/Off Function For Data Integrity.
• BBM Option For Cache Protection (Not Included - Please Call If Of Interest).
• Hard Drive Firmware Update All At Once.
• 1m 40Gb/s Active Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) Cable Included.
• Areca Chassis - 3 Year RTB Manufacturer Warranty.
• Drives Mechanisms - 3 or 5 Year RTB Warranty.
£ 9,830.00 | £ 9,419.94 inc VAT
Please Call Us For An Exact ETA For This Item
Unleash Your Creativity Faster Than Ever
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device.
ARC-8050T3 rackmount is equipped with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for connecting to any Thunderbolt 3-enabled host and offers an additional Thunderbolt 3 port for daisy-chaining other peripherals, while also supplying power for quick notebook charging.
Thunderbolt daisy-chaining allows connection of up to six devices, so customers can connect ARC-8050T3 rackmount for massive amounts of video storage with a single Thunderbolt connection to their host computer. ARC-8050T3 rackmount can meet the demand of users when working with rich, ultra-high resolution media through Thunderbolt 3 interface.
ARC-8050T3 rackmount also sports a full sized DisplayPort video output on its rear, allowing for a quick and easy 4K 60Hz display setup.
Unparalleled Performance for 4K Workflow
ARC-8050T3 rackmount is the 12/24-bay Thunderbolt 3 rackmount SAS/SATA RAID storage with RAID control capabilities solution for both PC and Mac.
ARC-8050T3 rackmount incorporated on-board 1.2GHz dual core ROC and 2GB DDR3-1866 ECC SDRAM memory to deliver true high performance hardware RAID protection against drive failure.This combination helps to provide a high performance storage device perfect for the video editor working with Real time multi-stream HD and 4K workflows.
It runs efficiently without disruption or major drops in performance to meet the requirements of 4K data workflow. It is so quick it allows for 4K displays at the same time as daisy chaining ARC-8050T3 rackmount and doing a simultaneous 4K output and file transfers while maintaining maximum throughput
Enterprise Class Data Availability and Security
With components redundancy, the ARC-8050T3 rackmount gives professionals enterprise data availability and security.
Cooling fans, disks, and power supply units are fully redundant, hot-swappable capability, and user-serviceable. Hardware RAID 6 engine provides two HDDs failures without impacting the existing data and performance.
Intelligent power On/Off function on storage turns power in unison with the host computer power status. It can intelligently power down the unit after the thunderbolt host shuts down everything for data integrity.
ARC-8050T3 rackmount also supports a flash-based/battery backup option that protects all data in cache memory in the event of unexpected power outage.
Board-level hardware encryption manages any kinds of drives attached to ARC-8050T3 rackmount without impacting the performance for higher levels of security.
Enabling an Easy-to-Manage Storage
Configuration and monitoring can be managed either through the LCD control panel, Thunderbolt interface or LAN port. The ArcSAP quick manager is a multi-language management software specifically designed for managing and configuring the ARC-8050T3 rackmount.
The intelligent cooling continuously adapts to environmental conditions by automatically controlling the speed of the cooling fans for the rapidly growing demand from the video editing markets.
You can even configure ARC-8050T3 rackmount to intelligently spin down drives during periods of inactivity to further reduce noise and save energy.
12Gb SAS Expander Port
The storage capacity can be expanded instantly by adding additional cost effective ARC-4038 12G SAS Expander units, up to 256 drives with multiple 12G SAS expanders solutions like the 8 bay tower 16 or 24bay rackmount 12G SAS Expander solutions too!
Ultimately allowing you to convert your 12G SAS expander storage to be use with any Thunderbolt 3 enabled host.
• Provide optimized parameter to adjust controlled firmware behavior for smooth data streaming.
Controller-level Hardware Encryption
• Board-level hardware encryption manages any kinds of drives attached to ARC-8050T3 without impacting the performance for higher levels of security.
• Support a battery backup option that protects all data in cache memory in the event of unexpected power outage.
(not included - please call if of intereest)
Intelligent Power On/Off Function
• Turn ARC-8050T3 power in unison with the host computer power status for data integrity.
Front Panel LCD and Buttons
• Easy access for configuration and status report.
• Embedded web server for remote control from one 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45).
|Controller Architecture||• 1.2 GHz dual core ROC for RAID core and SAS microcode.|
• 2GB on-board DDR3-1866 SDRAM with ECC protection.
• Redundant flash image for adapter availability.
• System status indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer.
• FBM/BBM backup module ready (optional).
|RAID Features||RAID level 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD.|
Multiple RAID selection.
Support up to 1MB stripe size.
Online array roaming.
Online RAID level/stripe size migration.
|Form Factor||4u Rackmount 24-Bay|
|Disk Support||24 x 12Gb/s SAS/SATA 3.5”/2.5”HDDs/SSDs|
|Onboard Cache||2GB on-board DDR3-1866 SDRAM with ECC protection|
|Expansion Support||One SFF-8644 expansion.|
Up to 512 HDDs.
|Cooling Fans||4 x 2700rpm|
|Power Supplies||Triple 400W|
|Dimension (W x H x D)|| Without handles:|
6.9 x 17.5 x 17.6 in (176.4x445x448 mm)
6.9 x 18.9 x 19.0 in (176.4x482x484 mm)
|Weight (W/O Drives)||75 lbs / 34Kg|
|Connection||Thunderbolt 3 x 2 / Display Port x 1 / 1 x miniSAS Expansion|
|OS Support||Mac OS X 10.12 or higher & Windows 8/10 or higher.|
“For Windows, Install Driver First”
NOTE: Backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2 Macs using Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.
Please note: product details and specifications may have changed or been updated by the manufacturer since we have included it on our website.
We always recommend confirming intended compatibilty and functionality by also checking the manufacturer's website and / or calling us prior to purchase if unsure.
Areca Delivery Info
In general, next working day delivery services (UK Mainland) are available on Areca equipment orders placed before 4pm (subject to stock availability).
Non-timed deliveries should be delivered between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
Orders placed after 4pm on Fridays and on weekends will be processed as normal the following Monday.
Orders placed on Bank Holidays will be processed the next working day.
If urgent, please call one of our helpful account managers so they may double check everything for you, enabling you to place your order with confidence.